Friday, August 26, 2005

Raqie Returns (and goes West)

des vrais jumeaus Raqie (qui a rentré de Melbourne) et Zakie; avec moi entre les deux.
trois fois le trouble: Zakie, Sidique, Raqie

It’s not very common that I go to Holland Village twice in 3 days. I go to school and I lead a real life. Late last week, I had friends, Zakie and Sidique coming from the East. Long sick of Siglap, they are finally wheeling it here to the West by way of ECP. Friday after school was a lazy evening spent picking at seafood glass noodle salads at Thai Express (still as sparkling and cheerful as ever, albeit way more expensive than what I would pay on Soi Convent or even Greyhound Café/Emporium Shopping Centre. Grr.) and then coffee at TCC, a lepak manner of easing ourselves into the weekend. Come Sunday, the addiction just got more intense. Raqie, Zakie’s twin, was fresh from his Melbourne high and feeling more St Kilda’s than Siglap. After one month spent frolicking under the cushy duvet with his girlfriend, Teresia, in wintry-Melbourne (so cold he had this thermals on), he’s probably not quite ready to leave. So back in Singapore, he sped to Holland Village (looking for Melbourne perhaps), armed with his twin and Sidique, to have coffee with me and dinner yet again at Thai Express.

So lazy was this weekend I accomplished very little before Monday came.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home